Fish aquarium is a hobby that is being taken up by many people today. Watching fish swim in the glass tank is quite interesting to watch for kids and even pet cats and dogs in the houses. It is quite amazing to note that the site of colorful fishes swimming in the tank reduces stress too. Be it an office, home, hospital or even a shop, one can have fish tank or aquarium to entertain the guests. There are many shops and stores in the market that sell all the requisites of a home aquarium. It is up to the aquarium enthusiast to choose the right set of aquarium basing on the requirements.
If somebody is planning for an aquarium at home or a place of work for the first time, then it is highly recommended to go through the guide of fish tanks for beginners. There are several precautions that are mentioned for beginners to avoid an unpleasant experience upon having an aquarium. One might come across people who complaint that the fish in their aquarium died fighting among themselves or the aquarium started stinking after a few days. All these are due to lack of proper care and some common precautions.
Though all fish tanks are alike, the fish tanks for beginners are different from the rest. This is because all the aspects of these fish tanks for beginners would be different from regular fish tanks. Starting from the size of the tank, material it should be made of, species of fish to be had in it, lighting, warmth and oxygen motor equipment for these fish tanks for beginners are different and safe as compared to others. The following precautions have to be taken while taking up the fish tanks:
1) The fish tank should be larger in size enough to take at least 20 to 30 gallons of water.
2) Warmer, LED lights for lighting up the aquarium, oxygen pump and other equipment should be taken to provide acclimatization to the fish.
3) A good stand needs to be arranged to hold the fish tank. It should withstand the weight of the tank and its contents.
4) Fish for these fish tanks for beginners should be of preferably one kind so that the compatibility issue doesn’t arise.
5) Water in the fish tank needs to be changed preferably once in a week in spite of presence of fish tank filter inside the tank.
6) The gravel used in these fish tanks for beginners should be washed with water before putting it in the tanks.
7) Use natural flora in the fish tanks instead of artificial ones.
Apart from all these, the fish tanks for beginners have to be maintained under good health conditions and regular observation until it is stabilized. Though smaller bowls and tanks are available in the market, fish tanks should be larger in size so as to accommodate enough fish to avoid any bad experiences. Only one kind of fish should be put as compatibility of the different kinds of fish would not be known initially. However, compatibility charts are available online for later use.